Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 4

It was a GREAT week! I achieved my goal of making two healthy meals this week, and I lost ... Drumroll Please... 1.2 pounds! So I am down to 148.2!! I just about killed myself doing it, but I did it and that is what matters. I have decided to weigh myself Friday morning instead of Saturday morning because Friday night we usually go out to dinner and, even if I eat healthy, I still have the food sitting in my stomach Saturday morning. This week we have been getting my parents moved into their house so we have been at their house every day. Other than Tuesday I managed to get a good work out in every day. Thursday I ran after school and then did Zumba Thursday night. I worked really hard! Fortunately on Friday I only had to work 4 hours because I had just enough energy to run at the gym, and get a little cleaning done at home. At 4:00 I laid my head on my pillow and do not remember anything after that. Each day I have run at least 3 miles at the gym and I the past few days I have been running at a 5.5-6.0 mph rate. My goal is that by the end of march I will be running 4 miles at a steady 6.0mph rate. I love seeing how easily I can run 3 or 3.5 miles now, when at the beginning of February I thought I was going to die before I reached a mile! I also secretly enjoy typing 148lbs into the treadmill instead of 150. I know it is not a huge difference, but it still makes me happy! :)
Like I said earlier, I did make my two healthy meals this week. I will put each of those as their own separate blog post. I didn't get a picture of myself this week because by the time I got up and weighed myself Friday morning Chris was gone. That is the only drawback of weighing myself on Fridays. I will have to wake up earlier. Oh well, hopefully it will be worth it and it will all keep paying off.
My goal for this week is to back off of sweets. I might have to ask Chris to hide our "treat bowl." Each day I will post what sweets I have had during the day. My hope is that this will make me want to eat little to no sweets. I am a little bit nervous about this week because it is parent-teacher conferences, which means it will be a high-stress week. It also means that Wednesday and Thursday will be tough days to get in a workout. I will have to try to be creative in class and find ways to move more.

No comments:

Post a Comment