Monday, February 6, 2012

First "Normal" Day

Ok, there aren't really any "normal" days, but Saturday I started 1/2 way through, and yesterday was Fast Sunday, Super Bowl Sunday, and we had a baptism/party to go to. I still tried to be smarter and I think I did pretty good but it was hard to track all the little snacks.
So onto today.  I had my normal glass of milk for breakfast. I know it isn't the best breakfast, but it is fast, and sometimes I feel like if I eat breakfast I get much hungrier much earlier. As we were eating lunch I was talking to the other teachers about my blog and they asked a question I have been asked a lot: How are you going to do it? I think they are looking for a diet plan, things I am going to ban, and then a solid workout plan. And of course they asked me that as I was eating my baked potato with sour cream. Well here is my answer: be smart. I have learned I can't make huge changes. I can't "ban" certain foods. And I definitely can't quit Dr. Pepper. My strategy is just to take it in moderation and to be smart about my choices. For example, I brought an orange with me to work today. We happen to have a stash of candy in our back room. I chose to eat an orange instead of eating candy. I was hoping my orange would satisfy my sugar craving and I would be happy. Not so much the case, but I still stayed away from the candy. I am not trying to quit candy, I am just trying to eat less of it.
Another smart change I made today was NOT going home, turning on Dr. Phil and getting into bed, with the intention of only laying down for a minute, then getting up and doing a deep clean of the house, only for 7:00 to come around and decide I will do it tomorrow (Yes, this IS the normal routine). Instead I went home, turned on Dr. Phil, and MADE my bed! I did that so I wouldn't be tempted to get into bed. What a huge difference that made. I cleaned the whole upstairs of our house before Chris got home from work. I am happy with that! I feel like I accomplished something today and cleaning the house kept my mind off of eating something.
I am starving and excited for dinner (taco soup), but I am hoping that starving feeling will go away at some point and I won't have to be constantly snacking.

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude here. I am so proud (sniff, sniff). Okay, but seriously- what a great post on being smart. Truth is, this is how people make lasting changes. By being more mindful about what we do.

    I am totally rooting for you and will be joining you in April when I see what my body looks like after this baby. Love ya! -Carrie

    ReplyDelete